Sunday, October 14, 2012
What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?
Monday is burrito bowls with slow-cooked shredded chicken, using this recipe from Good Life Eats. We make some sort of bowl fairly regularly, whether its Mexican (usually) or Asian inspired. Its just so easy: rice, beans, lettuce, tomato, maybe some sauteed bell peppers and onions, and salsa. Plus, B has basketball on Mondays, so it dinner has to be ready quickly so he can eat before he goes.
Tuesday I'll make whole wheat pasta with broccoli pesto and probably grill up chicken and add some other veggies to make it more substantial. The original recipe is made with rice noodles and is actually a detox recipe from Whole Living, so it is not very filling, as you might imagine.
Wednesday I'm going to try a new turkey burger recipe from Skinny Taste that adds grated zucchini which will make a healthy burger even more health. I may even try to make some baked sweet potato fries or baked onion rings.
Thursday I am making veggie tacos inspired by this Naturally Ella recipe. I have made these tacos before and they are really good, plus really healthy. I substitute the feta for cotija cheese, but I am sure feta is just as good.
Friday is typically a spontaneous dinner night. We like to make pizza because it is a great way to use any left over veggies or meat from earlier in the week that didn't get used. I always have the ingredients on hand to make pizza dough as well as sauce and cheese, so that's more than half the battle.
Saturday will probably be a "date night" or night to eat out with friends so I won't plan on making anything.
Sunday I'm planning on making one of our favorite chili recipes from Oh She Glows that just so happens to be vegan...although you can easily alter it to add meat or cheese or anything else you like. It is the perfect fall meal.
What are you planning on making this week?
Note to other bloggers: I would love to make this a weekly link-up to be able to share recipes with each other. Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in or would like to partner up with me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






i love this idea! I normally meal plan for the week, but sometimes I get lazy. Having it as a blog item makes it fun! I would definitely be in!
ReplyDeleteThose all look seriously delicious! You should totally start a link up! I need to cook more and good recipes give me a good excuse to do just that!
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog now that i've commented on about 3 different posts ;)