We had our first house guests this weekend, which has inspired me to open a bed and breakfast. Ok, not really. But it was really fun cooking and entertaining and showing them around town.
1) Friday, I started out the night with a nice glass of wine, or two.
2) Since the weather was terrible, we stayed in and played Cards Against Humanity....the best game ever. Especially when you are shoving your face with chocolate.
3) Saturday I made breakfast for everyone, including some yummy biscuits.
4) Since the weather was still terrible, we took our friends to one of our new favorite stores in Charlotte, the Paper Skyscraper. I want to cover the whole apartment in their beautiful wrapping paper.
5) We also stopped by Ikea, which is the place to go when the weather is cold and rainy, and got these cool wine racks.
6) Sunday the sun came out and it turned into the perfect day for a run! This time I wrote directions down on my hand so that I wouldn't get lost, like last time.
7) When I got back on my run, I checked in on the blog and realized I had reached 200 followers! Freaking incredible! I love you guys!
8) I broke in my new camo Skimmers from Gap. I felt pretty tough in them...until I put on Jack Purcels.
And of course I ended my weekend watching the Oscars and had a lot of fun discussing some of the high points (or low points) with friends and bloggers on Twitter. I stayed up late just to see if Argo won. My picks were not so far off, either. I was 6 for 8 on the night!
I will definitely be posting my favorite looks either later today or tomorrow.
Also, don't forget to go enter the Giveaway I have going on with some other lovely, lovely bloggers!
Linking up for Weekend Shenanigans, The GFC Collective, This Weekend I


Totally agree, Cards Against Humanity is fabulous and hilarious and disgusting and perfect. Definitely a fave!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 200 followers!
Friday night is always better with wine. And love those wallpaper choices!
ReplyDeleteSo much goodness in this post! Cards Against Humanity is genius. There has never been a better game. Well maybe besides Candyland. Did you see that Anne Hathway called is "Crimes Against Humanity". Oh my god.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great weekend! I have to pick up those cards! I keep seeing them and it sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday XO
Just stopping by to say hello! I am originally from N.C. - Greensboro area - and I love finding Carolina bloggers :) Hope you are enjoying Charlotte! I live in NYC now but I miss the land of the pines all the time!
ReplyDeleteI was at a Christmas Open House one year and a jogger came up to the door to ask directions home - she was new to the neighborhood and had gotten lost and then to make matters worse, the sun went down! LOL Smart of you to write directions on your hand!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely weekend! I need to check out this cards against humanity game; it sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteXO, Rachel
With Love, Rachel
those biscuits look incredible! i'm so glad you stopped by my blog :)
ReplyDelete-Emma
chasingtexas.blogspot.com
I love Ikea and have the same wine racks... Love them!
ReplyDelete