Last night was a late night for us. We drove down to Columbia, SC to hang out with some friends for the Super Bowl. Which means we didn't get back until 12:30am. Maybe I am getting old, but that is late for me, especially on a Sunday!
Some other things that happened this weekend:
1. I did plenty of baking with B's favorite brand of sugar, "White Gold" (what B thinks his stage name would be if he became a rapper)
2. I attempted to make red velvet brownies. They did not turn out very well.
3. I made a new friend, Bagel. She definitely makes me want to get a dog.
4. B and I did more furniture shopping. I loved this particular living room decor...I don't even think we can afford the coffee table.
5. B and I drove down to Columbia on Sunday. The scenery is a lot different than in Texas.
6. I did not hide my support for the Ravens. I went all out, purple, black, and gold.
So, going back to the Super Bowl, what were your favorite ads?
I definitely favor the funny ones, over the emotional ones. Although the Budwiser ad with the Clydesdale was great.
A couple of my favorites were on early in the game.
1. Audi, Prom
2. Hyundai, Team
3. Best Buy, Asking Amy
And how awesome was Beyonce?
![]() |
| Just Jared |
Also, the title of my post is actually Jay-Z's tweet during the game in reference to her performance. What a cute couple they are!
So, how was your weekend?


I didn't watch the Super Bowl...or the commercials. But, I did see the clydesdale one (being from STL I had to watch it) and it was fantastic! But, that's the only commercial I saw. lol.
ReplyDeletecouldn't agree more. best halftime performance since the brit and nsync one. loved it! and sad about the brownies. that sounds so good right now!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the furniture! Think of it as an investment :) Spending a little more on the nice things to "nest" is worth it. I have horrible shopping anxiety, especially for anything over $100, but furniture is something you should consider spending money on. Especially if it makes you feel comfortable and "at home".
ReplyDelete-Jaime @ tobystailsblog.blogspot.com
I was in a Downton Abbey stupor, so thanks for giving me some good ads to look at!
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot about the Best Buy commercial!! I liked that one too & I hope the ad worked. I'm going to be so bummed if that store goes under!
ReplyDeleteThe Audi prom one was one of my favorites, too! I didn't watch the whole game, but agree that the earlier commercials were better. That living room set? To die for. Furniture shopping can be both inspiring and depressing...I typically fall in love with the $2000 sofa. I'm glad I found your lovely blog (via a comment you left), and am so happy to now be following along!
ReplyDeleteAlso, forgot to tell you! I'm the worst blogger ever haha!
ReplyDeleteEach Tuesday I do a "Take a Tour Tuesday" post, which features all the different furniture and decor that different friends have in their apartments/houses. If you're looking for new furniture you should check it out. I did mine last week for my living room and my friend Lenae will be featured tomorrow. We tell you what stores we purchased items at, what our style is, etc.
Maybe it will help y'all???
Beyonce totally made the night! Love that furniture, it is super cute!
ReplyDeleteLove that rug and coffee table!
ReplyDeleteRachel
http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com
Bummer the brownies didnt taste great. They look delish!
ReplyDeleteBeyonce was amazing! New follower from GFC
ReplyDelete