I came to a really harsh reality this weekend. I am getting old. I am becoming one of those crotchety old people who talk about "Back in my day...", "Kids these days...", or "They just don't make things like they used to...".
Okay, I didn't say the last one, but I probably thought it. I guess that's what happens when you turn 28. You become crotchety.
1 & 2. We drove down to Columbia, SC for a wedding shower, but B made us stop at one of his favorite restaurants as a kid, Rush's, for a milkshake...even though it was 40 degrees outside.
3. I just love the wrapping paper we got for our shower gift so I had to take a picture of it. Isn't is pretty? I could wall paper an entire room with it!
4. After the shower we went out on the town. Unfortunately, this town is a college town, which means most bars are college bars. We had to stand in line to get into the bar, then a group of co-eds cut us in line. That I wasn't too upset about, but it was the attitude that we got back from one of the girls (named Raven, no less), that put me over the edge. We exchanged a few choice words and I think she was totally ready to fight me.
5 & 6. Sunday we all pretty much felt like crap. We can not drink like we used to. So B and I just spent the rest of the day watching basketball, mourning over our busted brackets, and cutting up fruit for all the juicing I am going to do this week.
Told you I have become old and crotchety!
How was your weekend??
P.S. I am guest posting over at Confessions of a Northern Belle about my best Spring Break ever. Which, now that I think about it, will only convince you that I have always been old and crotchety...I promise, I used to be fun!!
P.P.S. Sorry for the excessive use of crotchety.
P.P.S.S The Kate Spade Giveaway is still going on, so go enter now if you haven't already!!!
Linking up for the GFC Collective, Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I

Ohh I totally love that wrapping paper!
ReplyDeleteOh man! I haven't thought about Rush's since I moved to VA! I went to school at USC in Columbia and I definitely feel crotchety when I go back to visit. We went for New Year's and watching the college babies at the bar was like watching animals in a zoo. Entertaining but bizarre.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the juicing!
I hate when people are assholes at bars, and I hate hate hate butting in line.
ReplyDeleteYum that milkshake looks so good! Your juice looks good too! :) Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteCute wrapping paper! Teaching college kids has made me old and crotchety too, it's ok!
ReplyDeleteI'm 23, and I hated going to college bars. Way to much attitude from the girls and guys. Plus working with children has made me old and crotchety too.
ReplyDeletethis is so funny. we were with high school friends this weekend as one of my girlfriends was getting married and were having similar conversations about being old (28) and not being able to watch movies laying on the couch anymore or we fall asleep lol.
ReplyDeletei have hated bars for a few years now.. just no tolerance for idiots.