Thursday, May 16, 2013

Non Wedding Dresses for the Bride

Who knew getting married required more than one dress? Not this girl, that's for sure. I mean, I guess I knew I would need some other outfits for pre-wedding events, but I have been so focused on THE wedding dress, I never thought about any others.

Now that we are about 6 months away, all those pre-wedding events are now right around the corner, beginning with the bridal showers. I will probably also need a dress for the bachelorette party, then the rehearsal dinner, and possibly even for the send-off or any post-wedding events.

Honestly, I will probably try limit my dress buying to two and wear them for multiple things, but it doesn't hurt to look at dress options for all four events, right?

For the Shower...
...I don't necessarily want to be limited to white dresses. I will be wearing plenty of white. I think a fun sun dress or shift dress will be perfect. I will definitely be keeping it conservative and preferably just above the knees. I don't want to give anyone a show when I am bending over to pick up or open gifts.


For the Bachelorette...
...I like the idea of wearing a white dress to set me apart as the "bride". Also, the bachelorette dress can be a little less conservative than any other dress I might wear since I will just be out with my friends.  


For the Rehearsal...
...almost any dress will work, depending on what the plans are for rehearsal dinner. Our rehearsal dinner is looking like it will be kind of formal, so I am looking for a dress that's a step up from a sun dress, but not as formal as a cocktail dress. Preferably in white.

For the Send-Off...
...I might just wear my wedding dress since we are not leaving for the honeymoon right after the wedding. But I do think we will be going out with our friends afterward, so I will NOT be wearing my wedding dress to the bars. I would, however, like to wear something bridal looking but something that will let me breathe!



How many non-wedding dresses did you end up wearing when you got married? Do you have a favorite dress?

Linking up for The Pin It Party, The Bloglovin Collective, Thursday Thoughts, Pinterest Power Party

To keep up with my non-wedding dress window shopping, you can follow my Window Shopping Pinterest board


9 comments:

  1. There were so many dresses that I needed for the wedding, it made my head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, my head is spinning like Dani's! I love little white dresses so I'm excited to buy a bunch of dresses for the big event. I think that I'll be doing mostly white for all of these events but with little bits of color here and there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these options, the bridal shower dress if my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the dresses, I think the 'bachelorette' dress is my favorite. I love me a one shouldered dress.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I love all of the options you found! I wore bright colors to my showers too. I had a bright blue Calvin Klein with a shoulder ruffle, and a strappier fuschia CK sundress, both were fitted, to the knee, so no awkward moves when opening gifts! For bachelorette, I went full on bright pink sequins in a tank dress from Lord&Taylor and all of the girls wore black so I really stood out! Have fun with it :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those options were all very cute!! My favs were #2 for the shower, #1 for bachelorette, #4 for the rehearsal, and #7 for the sendoff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was like you, I didn't really think about how many dresses I would need for events surrounding the wedding and I didn't have that realization click 6 months out - sooo I ended up borrowing like 4 dresses from friends for various events because by the time I realized I needed them I refused to spend that kind of money right before the wedding. It's those things that sneak up on you but you certainly want to get nice dresses for all the photos that will be taken!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! love this post! I did a huge post on pre-wedding attire for showers, bachelorette, rehearsal etc. Soo im a little obsessed with shopping so I bought a new outfit for every occasion and wore all white or creme to everything! My showers started before it was legal to wear "white" so I wore a lot of ivory and creams too! :) I also bought new shoes haha! I wore white sequins on my bachelorette as well! So fun! Thanks for linking up gal as well :) Love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a recent bride I can totally appreciate your choices! I love your ideas for the rehearsal dinner - it's an outfit I struggled with. The first photo with a bit of gold is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!