I was so excited for this weekend. This was the weekend I was finally going to get some sun and go from translucent to pale. I had checked the weather a couple times through out the week and was expecting some rain on Friday night, but the rest of the weekend was supposed to be mild with some sun and only sparse clouds. Thus, I packed accordingly...shorts, swimsuit, and sandals.
How many of those outfits did I actually wear? 1 and a half. I only wore the floral pants at the bottom left because it was cold and I needed to wear pants. The rest of the weekend I wore the jeans I drove down in and the long sleeve t-shirt that I packed at the last minute.
1. Saturday was grey, dreary, and wet. Not ideal beach weather and even less ideal beach wedding weather. We were in town for a friends wedding, and the entire day I was just praying that the sun would shine for 15 minutes just for the ceremony.
2. During the day, B and I explored the tiny island which included a trip to Harbor Town golf course where B got a new hat.
3. My wedding outfit was the only preplanned outfit that got worn, more out of necessity than anything else. If I had packed a warmer dress I would have worn that instead.
4. This pic was taken from the improvised reception site. The rain held out just in time for the ceremony to conclude and the bride to get inside. Then it started pouring!
5. & 6. Sunday morning we got up and grabbed bunch at the Hilton Head Diner, which is a classic diner complete with crappy coffee.
7. & 8. Apparently, it is a Ruel family tradition to stop at a Dairy Queen on any long drive. Clearly, that is something I am totally okay with. B didn't even let driving get in the way of his sweet tooth.
How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed better weather than we did.
Linking up with Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I, The GFC Collective,
Mingle Monday,
I Heart Bloglovin



what a crappy weekend for a wedding! but i've heard it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day so hopefully the couple thought so too!
ReplyDeleteThose outfits look cute, so bummer that they stayed in the suitcase. I am loving the yellow keds and the pink blazer!
ReplyDeleteWe had a rainy weekend too, and we were camping! Rain on a wedding day is supposed to mean good luck though....
ReplyDeleteI love Dairy Queen!
What a crapyy weekend for a beach wedding. It happened though, so that is all that matters! We were having uncharacteristically better weather up north than in the south this weekend.
ReplyDeleteThis spring has brought to much crummy weather here as well. We did get a few hours of sun here this weekend, but not as much as was forecast! This post has made me crave Dairy Queen, haven't had a blizzard in forever!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Im glad the rain held off long enough for the ceremony. I had a snowstorm on my wedding day. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Hilton Head! That has been our family vacation spot every year for as long as I can remember! This weekend I went to Atlanta to see my little sister graduate college!! We were supposed to go to a Braves game but it got rained out, so we went to Lennox Square Mall and to the Atlanta Aquarium! It was a great weekend!
ReplyDeletegh
DeleteOmg! Absolutely love the outfit that you wore! The stripes and the necklace, super cute! No bueno on the bad weather but at least you looked cute :-)!
ReplyDeleteOh that sucks. I hate when weather is a ruiner!
ReplyDeleteI would've been tempted to purchase that mug. Or steal it if purchasing was not an option. hahah
Darn weather, you packed very cute outfits, sorry you didn't get to enjoy the sun and wear them. But, I think that DQ solves any crappy weather weekends! Love blizzards!
ReplyDeleteI hate having bad weather. Ours cleared up toward the end of the weekend. Stopping by DQ must have been super fun.
ReplyDeleteI am a champion driving-eater, so good for B! It's definitely a useful skill. Sad to see your fun beach weekend was so rainy :(
ReplyDelete