She has an adorable new baby daughter, Ella, and like most new moms she was looking to shed some of that baby weight. This is when she turned to running. If you want to see how much running has transformed her body, check it out here! It's truly amazing! And even though she inspires me to run more often, apparently there is a trick to "faking it". And I am all for faking it until you make it!!
![]() |
| She has hair now... follow me on Instagram & I'll prove it! |
Hello, I'm Bri Bliss & that little peanut I'm holding onto is my daughter, Ella. I blog over at Back to Bliss & I started blogging on New Year's Eve, as part of a resolution to keep better track of my life. (Or at least that's what I told my husband... I really just want to be the next Skinny Runner & a stay at home blogger.) New Year's was as good of a time as ever to get started and once I started, I just couldn't stop! Like I said, my blog was originally supposed to be about my day to day life as a mother, teacher, and runner. But somewhere along my journey, I decided that I just couldn't ignore my passion for fashion, and started posting my outfits weekly, along with my favorite things.
![]() |
| one of my most recent outfit posts... I can't get enough of colored jeans! |
So now that you know a little bit about me & my blog... I'm going to share an epiphone that I had about running the other day. I only started running about 6 months ago. At that time, I could only run 2 minutes before walking. Less than 10 days from now, I'm running my first half marathon. I've come a long way, but I don't always feel like a runner. The other day though, I was about half way through my 7 mile run when I looked at my reflection in a store window as I passed. I hardly recognized myself, I looked like a real runner. That's when I realized the secret of running - fake it til you make it. If you look the part, you'll have confidence. So, I'm obviously headed out to buy more athletic apparel, so that I can keep looking the part. Here are a few things that I have my eye on right now...
1. Ruffles With Love Tank $24 - I own another version of this tank & it is so comfortable. When I saw that Vanessa is now offering this design, I just had to order it! Admit it, you didn't read those words, you immediately starting singing the song.
2. Run: Breeze By Skirt from Lululemon $74 - Yes, this skirt is expensive. But, I have one from Lulu and it is hands down my favorite. Mine is white, so I'd love to add this light pink version to my collection. Yes, I collect running skirts... I own 9 of them. Do not share that fact with my husband. 5 of them are black, so he can't tell the difference.
3. Gap Fit Breathe Striped Tank $17.99 - I actually already own this tank in another color, but I love it so much that I want this version too. It's incredibly soft, and it's long enough that it doesn't need to be pulled down every 5 seconds. (Real runners don't have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions.)
4. Under Armour Women's Coldblack Run Hat $24.99 - I've been really into my running hat lately, mainly because I can't stand running with sunglasses on. The key to a good running hat is making sure that it's made of moisture wicking fabric. That way, you won't have sweat rolling down your face on a sunny day and you can wear it to stay dry on a rainy day. Added bonus - if you're concerned about safety, this flourescent color will make sure you're highly visible!
![]() |
| see... the hat really makes me look serious |
So now that you know the secret to my running success, what are you waiting for? Head to the mall, then get out there & fake it!




Love this! My husband's yearly bonus will be here this month and with my share of thr fun money I will be buying a bunch of new running grear! Too excited!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your transformation! Running is one way I've been able to maintain my weight--unfortunately I've slacked some and the pounds are trying to rear their ugly heads. LOL. Thanks for sharing how to fake it until you make it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing how you faked it until you made it. I need to get moving more
ReplyDelete