This thing is seriously my new best friend!
If you don't know what it is, it is a foam roller. You might have seen some version of this before at your local gym.
So, why is it my new best friend? Well, to make a short story long, I wore shorts for the first time the other day. I am not a huge fan of shorts because I'm not a huge fan of my legs. You see, like most women, I got some cellulite going on. At this point in my life, I have accepted it and realize there isn't much I can do about except stop eating. And that's NOT going to happen.
On Saturday, I put on my shorts, and I didn't see any cellulite. Don't worry, upon closer inspection and some pinching and prodding, it's still there. But so much less noticeable! And trust me, I'm pale as a ghost right now, so if it were going to show up, it would be now.
So I tried to think what I have done different lately. My diet and exercise regime hasn't really changed. Then I realized, it was the foam roller!!
![]() |
| Via |
I remembered my friend, who is a physical therapist, telling me that the foam roller can help with cellulite, but I didn't actually think it would work!
![]() |
| www.healthandcare.co.uk |
Other than the whole cellulite thing, its just a great piece of equipment to help work out sore muscles. Rolling my back over it is like getting a massage.
Here are some of my favorite moves:
![]() |
| Gypsy Fit |
![]() |
| Travis Sawyer |
**I am not a personal trainer, doctor, or health expert. The opinions expressed in this post are strictly based on my own experiences. Your experiences may be different.
Linking up with Google Friend Conect, Just Beacause Tuesday




omg, I've been talking about getting one of these. you just sold me!
ReplyDeleteI'm in the middle of my half marathon training, actually closer to the end I guess, but anyways... the foam roller has been the best thing ever! I agree that I have seen a major difference in my legs!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen these before! Where the heck have I been? I'm so gonna get one.
ReplyDeleteOk I'm grabbing the roller from our basement and using it tonight! I had never used it before (never thought I needed to) and you just sold me!
ReplyDeleteWHAT in the world?? I had no idea it had this amazing added benefit haha I am gonna start using mine more often!
ReplyDeleteNever heard of this before. I'll have to look into it! Although I don't wear shorts because of cellulite (and no, I wasn't blessed in that dept) but because my shorts ride UP! Lol. Thanks for linking up
ReplyDeleteI was in heaven when I first discovered foam rollers at the gym. But I didn't know they helped with cellulite too.... I seriously need to get one of my own!
ReplyDeleteLife as I Pretend to Know It
I have been hearing so much buzz about the foam roller lately! I might have to try it!
ReplyDelete